A homemade peel off face mask will be your best option if you are such with some reservations about store sold products that you cannot be sure of the content. There is much peel off face masks in the market that one can make a choice from however it could also be overwhelming. And the thought of it containing some chemicals to increase its potency yet not listed on the label makes me cringe. My best bet is to make my own peel-off mask if I really want to give a peel-off face mask a try.
Benefits of peel -off face mask
Benefits of peel off face mask include but not limited to removes white and blackheads, reduce open or large pores, removes dead skin. Not only that, it helps to remove facial hair, fights acne, dark spots, pigmentation, firm and glowing face.
The thought of trying this out came when I was battling with breakouts for the most part of 2018 and it’s been something I have come to embrace because of its many benefits.
I have been using just two ingredients for my homemade peel off facial mask and it’s time we dived into the recipe and the making.
Homemade Orange Peel-Off Mask
Orange is packed with antioxidant which makes it helpful to rejuvenate dry skin. It can help slow down ageing and most importantly help prevent acne breakouts.
Orange juice – 1tbsp/ 15ml
Unflavoured gelatin – 1/2tbsp/7.5ml
Coconut oil or any oil of choice – Few drops (optional)
Clean bowl and spoon
Clean application brush – your make up brush or eyebrow brush will suffice.
How to make orange peel off face mask
- Prepare a double boiler – put some water in a wide pot or pan and place it on a stove to heat up. With that setup, gently place a clean bowl that can conveniently sit (glass, stainless, or plastic) in the water. Any ingredient you plan to warm or dissolve goes into this clean bowl. Now that’s how to prepare a double boiler. Alternatively, if you are using an electric cooker, you can place your glass bowl or stainless bowl directly on it and reduce the temperature to the barest minimum.
- Measure your orange juice into the bowl
- Measure your gelatin and pour it into the bowl.
- Add coconut oil or any moisturizing oil you know.
- Carry that mixture and place it on the heating system you prepared earlier.
- Stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Turn off the heat and take the mixture out.
- Let it cool before you apply it on your face so you don’t burn yourself. Be careful though, you don’t want it
- to cool off completely else it will harden up and you will have to transfer to heat to dissolve again.
While waiting for the orange juice-gelatine mixture to cool, wash your face with warm water and pat dry. This will help open up your pores and allow it to absorb the nutrients that come from the orange juice (which, by the way, has healing properties) and coconut oil (that has a moisturizing effect).
- Apply it on your face in a three-way coating system or till you completely use up the mixture.
- Let it completely dry before you begin to peel off (this may take an hour or more).
If you need to rinse your face after peel off, do it with room temperature water and pat dry.
Now you can go ahead to moisturize your face with your favourite face moisturizer.
For all visual peeps, I had you in mind. Here is a video for you to watch.
Do you have any facial mask recipe that works you? Please share in the comment section.